Friday, June 22, 2012

Drug Bust

So to begin, here's some background. I live in the a very quiet town in the state of Utah. As you might have guessed, about 70% of the people are Mormon. Well someone from the 30% that aren't (and don't get me wrong, I love people outside of my religion. My two best friends aren't members of my church and I love them to death) moved into the rental house next door. They happen to be spice (the drug, not the herb) makers. For the past 6 weeks they have gotten their garbage collected and inspected and undercover cops have staked out in my backyard at 11:30 at night to watch their actions. Last night my family hears a "bang bang bang! SEARCH WARRENT OPEN UP!" over the next four hours 15 cops and drug dogs wandered around their house while my mom and I listened and watched from windows trying to not be detected. All I heard was their two kids (yes, the drug makers housed 2 children) talking to the police. At midnight when this whole shebang ended, two guys were in shackles and were driven away in cop cars. The two children went away with one of the regulars over there and the three cop cars, along with about 15 cops drove away. It was a wild night and my family is glad that it happened because we all now feel a bit safer. Today, while my family was walking back from our neighbors (different neighbors and not the drug makers) a lady from over there with a cigarette in hand yells to my parents "My neighbors suck!" Really lady? Really? How old are you? YOU shouldn't have been making drugs in the first place! It's not our fault that you broke the law. Anyway, my parents didn't say anything back, being the good natured people they are. If it was me, I would have said "Hey! Mine too!" or "Not my fault you broke the law" or "Hey lady! Grow up and stop being a boob!" or "You shouldn't smoke, it's not good for 12 year olds." maybe the last one doesn't make a ton of sense, but who cares! Gah. People. It would be great if they weren't all stupid and crazy. That is all! Hope you all are doing well and don't live next to drug makers!
Love yam! (apparently ya is not a word, this is what MS word recommends)
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment